Sunday, September 7, 2008

Schrödinger's Cat

Am I alive or dead? I do not know.
They tell me that till they verify if I am alive or dead, I am simultaneously alive and dead.
How could that be?
I can either be alive, or dead. I cannot be both!
Or can I?
I am alive now! I may soon be dead, but right now I am alive, even if nobody knows it but me.
What matters more – my being something, or their knowing it?
I am confused?
Why did it have to be me? Why could Uncle Erwin not have picked Rover for his thought experiment?




_____
Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.


Painting by Russel Baker - take from his site

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails