Monday, November 3, 2008

Random Acts of Appreciation

The elevator made an unscheduled stop, I saw a rangoli that took my breath away. Vast in scope and execution, I could just imagine how magical it must have looked at night.
I thought I knew the lady by face, but even if not, I just had to tell her how much I appreciated her work.
I called. And behind her polite “Thank you” was a pause that almost screamed, ‘and now that it is out of the way, what do you really want from me?’
Times must be bad if a pure act of appreciation is met with suspicion.

Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails