Friday, November 14, 2008

A reason to celebrate


My younger one was in a festive mood yesterday. Wanted a rangoli and many pretty diyas. I gave in to his demands. He told me the colours to use, I followed his instructions faithfully. The diyas were the ones we’d bought at a school fete last year and never used.

Today, three separate people asked me which festival I celebrated yesterday. They thought I was hideing something when I said I made the decoration because I felt like it.
Do we really need a reason to celebrate? Is not the fact that we are able to celebrate, reason enough to?



Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails