Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This Day, five years back - part two

Still only four centimeters dilated. Uncontrolled emotions. Yelling, ‘forget the baby, just get me out.’
A doctor treating me like an adult. Telling me not to fight the contractions. Giving me a sedative.
Dilating fast. Tying up loose ends at work, ‘don’t call back, I’m in labour.’
Waters being broken. Calling the father, ‘Chuck that tea. Come right now.’
Being asked if I wanted to wait for my gynec. Replying, ‘if you think I am ready, I am.’
Pushing once, twice, thrice. Baby sliding out. We make a great team, he and I.

He just needs a name.


Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails