Monday, December 1, 2008

Bombay is my home

Bombay was the city I knew from summer holidays spent at my grandparents’ house, but it was to Mumbai that I came as a newly-married executive to set up home.

Mumbaikar or Bombayite- it didn’t matter what you called me. After all, the reason I fell in love with the city was because it did not have time to waste on inessentials. If politicians thought they could change history by changing signboards, so be it.

But no more.

I pay their salary. They are answerable to me. Politicians cannot take advantage of my apathy any more.

Bombay is my home.




Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails