Sunday, December 28, 2008

Of winter and Santa Hats

This was written for the Advent Calendar we created at The Burrow.


I slide behind the wheels of the Merc. I love this car, as I dislike the drunken lout it belongs to.
There he is, arms wrapped around a gorgeous girl- he can afford a new one every night. This one is younger than the others, prettier too. How long before she too gets cynical?
My eyes lock with hers, she looks away. Tugs his sleeve as I hand over the car-keys- “Give him a decent tip, yaar. He looks so cute in that Santa hat.”
Does she even realise that valets wear Santa hats to protect themselves from the cold?

___
Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think the archive you wirte is very good, but i think it will be better if you can say more..hehe,love your blog,,,

Bubbly Bala said...

That was a nice one. I liked it

Natasha said...

Seeds sown one winter day in Delhi, when I saw a bunch of parking attendants wearing Santa hats and wondering whether they were decorative or utilitarian, or both

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails