Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My son's girlfriend

Misha* had just turned four, my son was a month short of his third birthday. But nobody could have missed their chemistry when they danced together at the Christmas Party.
"Is Misha your friend?", I asked tentatively.
"No. Misha is my girlfriend!", he replied authoritatively.


"And who is your brother's girlfriend?", I prodded gently.
"He doesn't have one. Only I have a girlfriend."
"And the other girls, are they also your girlfriends?"
"No. Only Misha is my girlfriend."


I haven't yet made up my mind about whether I should be amused or worried.

Or happy that he is not commitment-phobic.




* name changed

____________________
Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails