Sunday, August 30, 2009

Colours - Chocolate

This is a work of fiction. The characters and situations are purely imaginary, and any resemblance to people living or dead is purely coincidental and unintended.]


"No you may not." I rapped the fingers reaching for the brownies.
"This is for the guests. Now get out and stay out. Or I will just end
up in the loony bin."

Festivals were supposed to be fun. But not when you were
struggling to cope with three kids, and no help.

Why did I yell at them? Was it their fault that their father invited
his entire family home to dinner?

I carefully selected a brownie – not the teeny-weeny misshaped one, but the most perfect one I could find – and slipped it into my mouth.

I deserved it.

Image courtesy - en:User:Gdr

_____
Drabble(n) -
an extremely short work of fiction exactly one hundred words in length.

2 comments:

dipali said...

An extra 'not' in the sentence- festivals were supposed to be.....
Do you, like me, pinch your children's chocolates?

Natasha said...

Thanks for the catch, Dipali.

And I don't just pinch chocolates, I designate them as mine and the children's so I have equal share in them.

A chocoholic I am.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails