Sunday, October 18, 2009

Colours - Silver

[This is a work of fiction. The characters and situations are purely imaginary, and any resemblance to people living or dead is purely coincidental and unintended.
The photograph only sets the tone for the colour]

A chubby kid I was, a perfectly normal adult I am. I fill my jeans, my waist doesn’t blend into an anonymous line, my bras have something to contain. I eat normal, healthy meals, I exercise because I like to. I indulge in the occasional chocolate without feeling guilty about it. When my jeans become too tight, I control the sugar and up the exercise till they start feeling comfortable again.

I am perfectly happy as I am. Why then do people try to make me feel so inadequate? Should a person look like a person, or like a mannequin?




_____
Drabble(n) -
an extremely short work of fiction exactly one hundred words in length.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Even by today's skinny standards, those mannequins have curves! :-)

Anonymous said...

I can't stand those anorexic models of today!

Jan Morrison said...

Nice Drabble!

Natasha said...

@ Lisa - You do have a point there. But if they were any skinnier, the saree would slide down - needs something to hold it up.

@ Fiona - me neither. Don't find them aesthatically appealing, quite apart from the unrealistic expectations it puts on kids.

@ Jan - thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails