Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"Do"


When I signed up for the full marathon in July, I was only thinking of the distance to be covered. It was only in the week leading up to the race that I realised that most of the race would be run under the sun, which even in January can be quite merciless. Every rational part of me was telling me to back out, but I refused to listen. Which is why, today, I can proudly say I am a marathoner.

One quote sums it up perfectly - "The miracle is not that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."

And isn't that what my New Year Resolution Word, Do, is all about?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jan Morrison said...

I cannot imagine doing a marathon in the heat...but then I'm a thin skinned freckle faced used to be red-head and we just don't do sun! It is snowing here in Nova Scotia - snowing hard, all my clients are cancelling and I'm going to stay home and write. Sometimes it is nice to be at the mercy of weather...

Doli said...

Congratulations! you are following your word "do" seriously! Good that you finished your marathon race :)

Natasha said...

@ Jan - I totally agree with you - sometimes, I it is fantastic to be at the mercy of weather. I remember days when it rains so hard, the roads get flooded and the train services cancelled, so I get to bunk and enjoy an unexpected holiday!

@ Doli - thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hurray for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails