Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sit down!!!


"Sit down", I told my son when I just couldn't keep up with him running around the lobby of the auditorium where we were waiting.
"Down?", he asked me with a quizzical expression on his face. "Down means on the floor?"
He made to sit down on the floor, and I hastened to correct myself. "Not on the floor. Sit on the chair." I patted the seat beside me to make my point adequately clear.
"Chair has a back", he informed me, making a huge show of looking for a backrest.
"Okay, okay", I sighed in exasparation. "Sit on the seat."
"Is this a car?", he asked innocently.
I just gave up and let him continue to run around.

Is this the boy who was born only four years back? Who spoke his first word (chocolate) a little over two years back? Who started speaking in English less than four months back?

Who taught him the nuances of the language? Who taught him to argue so sensibily. Where did he get his quirky sense of humour from.

How quickly kids grow. How I wish I could see what else he comes up with. How I wish I could hold this moment forever.

6 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I see a natural born attorney!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Natasha said...

@ Elizabeth - so do I! He is a natural at convoluted arguments, isn't he?

Ann Elle Altman said...

I love children and how smart they are... my son always surprises me with the knowledge he contains in his head.

ann

Natasha said...

@ Ann - kids are incredible, aren't they? The things they know is amazing. And just when you start treating them like adults, they do something and become your own little baby all over again.

dipali said...

Smart little guy!
Yes, I do see a lawyer in the making:)

Natasha said...

@ Dipali - he is a pukka badmash, isn't he? And all that said with a naughty grin on his face (the same one as in the photograph).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails