Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cafe Terrace at Night, Drabble # 3

[Third in a Set of Drabbles based on Van Gogh's Cafe Terrace at Night, 1888. This is a companion piece to Drabble # 1]

The moment I set eyes on her, I knew I had to have her. She isn’t like the others - dancers, models, cabaret artists- they will do it for money. But she is different. She will not sell herself. I have to be subtle, or risk losing her completely.
She has been on the edge all evening. She senses something is up. Has she sensed the magnitude of my obsession? She is buying time. I need time too- to gather courage to say what needs to be said.

I wonder if she will let me paint her…. in the nude.

_________
Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

8 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

Love it!

Jemi Fraser said...

That made me smile! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like the twist at the end!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Really wonderful.

Have a peaceful Sunday.

Yvonne.

Sueann said...

Great twist!! Love it!
Hugs
SueAnn

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Unique idea for that one!

Unknown said...

It's amazing that you get your wonderful stories from a painting. Well done!

CD

Natasha said...

@ Jaycee/ Fiona/ Yvonne/ SueAnn - thanks

@ Jemi - my day is made

@ Diane - one I have been thinking of for a long time

@ Clarissa - isn't that the best thing about good paintings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails