Saturday, June 18, 2011

The "older woman"

On my morning run today, I saw a bunch of saree-clad women taking a walk. Their clothes, their gait, the way they were talking, everything branded them as 'older women', and I was secretly thrilled that women of 'that age' from older families were starting to get fitness conscious. As I jogged past them, I overheard snatches of conversation, and deduced that most of them were my age. And yet, even on an absolute scale, I had dubbed them "older women".

Am I getting delusional about my age, or are you really only as old as you think you are?
_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natasha - I've had that sort of thing happen to me, too, where I come face to face with people my age and they seem so much older (or younger) than I am. I think mindset and physical health have an awful lot to do with it. So does what's happened to one in one's life.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Oh no! I see people who look older than me only to find out they are actually younger. If you take care of yourself and keep a youthful spirit, you'll stay young.

Life@Cee said...

As long as I don't have my glasses on when I look at myself in the mirror I look much younger.

Diandra said...

I guess age simply doesn't feel like "old"... I'm still surprised every time I realize I am actually pretty close to 30 by now. (^v^)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails