Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Who remembers the names?

Tropospehere, stratosphere, mesosphere, ionosphere, thermosphere, exosphere. Do you even remember these terms from all those years ago when you crammed them up before your geography examination? Things come a full cycle. This time I am the one helping my child cram the terms.
Why? To what purpose? It is nice that kids know and understand things? But do the terms really matter? And if there are terms to learn, can anyone remember the details?

I wish seven year olds could just colour the layers of the atmosphere different colours, and not learn the names till much later. If at all!
_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

I have vague rememberances of them but I could not put them in order if you asked me to!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails