Monday, October 17, 2011

You've changed

“You’ve changed”, someone told me the other day; in a tone clearly accusatory. To hear her say it, I should have remained exactly as I was when we last met.

But is it possible for people to remain unchanged? Or desirable to do so? Isn’t it the purpose of life to learn from experience, to grow, to evolve, to change? Can you call it a life worth living if all you have done is to stubbornly cling onto who you were a month, a year, a lifetime ago?
“Yes, I have changed”, I said. “And I am glad I have.”
____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

7 comments:

LTM said...

You're so right. Change is inevitable and hopefully good. I guess that's the key--making it change for the good. ((hugs)) <3

Jemi Fraser said...

Change is good and it's part of life. Stagnation is NOT something to be proud of!

Jan Morrison said...

My usual first question to my clients is 'what do you want to change today?' If we couldn't change what would be the point of living and learning?

Shalet Jimmy said...

Absolutely true. I can really understand this because one of my good friend keeps on repeating this three word ' you have changed' without even realising he has changed too....

Sueann said...

Change is good...to remain the same will cause one to become stale and old!! Bring on the differences!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Oh, change is absolutely crucial to human growth! I think we need to evolve as people. That's how we develop! I'm so glad you responded the way you did.

Anonymous said...

I can so much relate to this. A lot of people keep telling me - You have changed - and it sounds like an accusation. How can I not, when life has changed so much!!

Changing as per your changed circumstances is a good thing. For sure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails