Friday, December 9, 2011

Game we played


When we were young, there were so many games that we played. Games that didn’t require batteries, or joy-sticks. Games played outdoors with stones, sticks and chalk lines. Games with complicated rules that everyone understood.
Our kids, we claim, don’t play like we used to. We say all they want is their TV and their play-stations. But is that really so? Has the advent of electronics changed children, or is it parents who have changed?
“Mamma, can I play in the mud.”
“No, baby. It is full of germs. Why don’t you watch TV while I fix you a snack?”

_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

2 comments:

Jemi Fraser said...

So true! I see so many kids who aren't encouraged to play outside. My own kids often had difficulty finding friends who would play outside rather than inside. Frustrating.

Sueann said...

Ha!! I soooo have to agree with you!
I have heard that phrase so many times!
Hugs
SueAnn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails