Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cats are a kind of alien...

“Have  you finished your homework yet?”, I asked the (nearly) six-year old.
“I am thinking.”
“How long does it take you to think of ten interesting facts about a cat?”
“I can think of only three facts”, he insisted.  
“Okay, tell me. And I will help you with the rest.”
“Cats are a kind of alien, because when they are angry, their nails come out”, he began.
I struggled to keep the smile off his face, but realized why he had been struggling.

Shouldn’t a teacher be happy with a couple of such facts than a dozen more inane ones?
_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

4 comments:

Diandra said...

He's very creative, that's for sure. But he should easily be able to come up with more facts starting there, such as, where do cats come from? ^^

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. You have such a creative son!

Hart Johnson said...

Such a cuties--yes, detailed facts should definitely count for more than simple ones.

Jen said...

I love his creativity! Yes, if I was a teacher, I would much rather have three facts like this than ten, humdrum everyday facts!

Happy Wednesday,
Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails