Monday, February 27, 2012

Missing the real story

It was the old-fashioned porch that caught my eye. The rosewood blinds, the wrought-iron latticework, the window panes in primary colours. The house, unlike many others in the locality, looked in good repair- clearly the family hadn’t yet fallen into bad days.
‘Saba Heritage’, I mused. The name sounds Persian, but the locality has been almost entirely Catholic for generations. Why would a well-to-do Islamic family have settled there?

It was only when I looked at the picture at home that I noticed the coffin popped up against the wall. How many other big stories do we end up missing?
_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Wow! A powerful 'photo and a powerful question! I think very often we simply do not see what is in front of our own eyes. That's why I think taking the time to just...see things is so important. Thanks for reminding me of that.

LTM said...

Great shot, and you're right. I guess sometimes we do get caught up in our own little worlds and miss important things. <3

Jemi Fraser said...

Wow. I didn't see it at first either. Those details sometimes zoom right on by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails