Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Pink Ribbon coming undone

To someone who often sports the Pink Ribbon to express solidarity with the cause, it came as a shock to hear that the Susan G. Komen Foundation was stopping its funding to Planned Parenthood for breast cancer examinations. How could an organization that has become virtually synonymous with breast cancer deny women the right to be screened? Shouldn’t that be a basic right, overriding political compulsions?

And while I am glad that donations to Planned Parenthood have spiked after the news of Komen’s decision, I am not too surprised. People are not as dumb as they are credited to be.
_____
I sported a Pink Ribbon when I ran my last marathon-
not sure if I will ever do that again. Or maybe I will-
the Cause is bigger than any Organization


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Natasha - I was just as upset as you were to hear about that organisation's decision. I'm so glad you wrote about this. And no, people are not as dumb as some others think they are...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails