Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Surely they can do more????

While going to the swimming pool, I smiled at a group of women standing near the elevator. Half-an-hour later, when I returned from the swim, they were still there, discussing the sartorial choices of a leading Bollywood actress.


One lawyer, one accountant, one high-school teacher, one marketing manager. All women who had held responsible jobs. All women who gave up their career to bring up their kids.

No, there is nothing wrong with being a full-time mother- it is a job I gave my best to, but still failed at- but surely they can do much more with their free-time?

_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

2 comments:

Sueann said...

Maybe they cannot see more?
Sigh
Hugs
SueAnn

Chuck said...

Rayna, sorry to have been away for so long...I have read your posts, as I cannot pass them by. My commenting has been limited recently. Your stories tell so much so quickly with so few words. I always read them at least twice to soak them in. Your point here, as always, is well made and taken.

Hope you are well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails