Tuesday, July 31, 2012

All is forgiven


They drive me up the wall, with their incessant demands. Every word of mine is questioned, every direction flouted. They want to go down and play when they should be doing their homework, and remember their school assignment when we are sitting down to dinner. When I am trying to work, they are bored and need to be entertained, but the moment their bedtime is called, they remember the abridged chess game they were to have finished that day.

But when they finally go to bed and allow sleep to claim them, they look so angelic that all is forgiven.

2 comments:

Jan Morrison said...

boy! do I remember this. As always, Natasha, you are so on the dot and on the heart. Thank you.

Natasha said...

Thank you, Jan.
Most of the time, I am wishing they grow up fast, so I have more time to be me, but, when they are asleep, I want them to be my babies, forever.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails