Friday, August 3, 2012

We'll do fine





I was expecting it, but when my younger one told me his class was going on an overnight camp, I was totally unprepared.
How would my little baby cope? Who would tuck him in at night; give him a kiss to keep the monsters away? How would he spend his first night away from home?
He had no such fears. He was excited. I hid my emotions from him.

On the way, his bravado collapsed. “But how will I sleep without you?”, he asked.
“My love will always be with you”, I reassured him.

He’ll do fine. We’ll do fine.
______
The photograph is of Plop- the owl I made for my son to take to school with him.

4 comments:

kjmckendry said...

That is a tough moment but it is great you instilled the confidence in him to be able to do it. That's a big step toward being a confident adult.

Aleta said...

Awww, this was so sweet. You're strength and love and he felt both!

Chuck said...

I am betting he did just fine!

Natasha said...

@ kmckendry- yes, it was a tough one, but it had to be done, didn't it? Mothering is a tough job.
@ Aleta- thank you
@ Chuck- yes, he did. And I am glad we both let go.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails