Monday, October 22, 2012

Put kids in charge


Decades back, the Indian government came up with “Project Tiger”- a way to protect the environment by putting the national animal at the apex of the ecosystem. Unfortunately, today, even the big cat faces extinction.
"If tigers are so important, why don’t we just keep them in zoos”, a kid asked.
Before the teacher could reply, my kid piped up, "but Project Tiger is not about the tiger. It is about all the animals. The tiger is the symbol, because big people don't think rabbits and butterflies are important."
Right he was. Why can’t we just put kids in charge?
“If the bee disappeared off the face of the earth, man would only have four years left to live.”
― Albert Einstein

______
This is the fourth year that I am going to be a part of NaBloWriM. The Plan is to elaborate on a quote that touched my heart- let's see how far this takes me. If I can tie it in with the writing prompt, so much the better!

1 comment:

Sueann said...

I love his sage wisdom
Hugs
SueAnn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails