Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Can I be proud?


“You know what”, my older one said triumphantly. “The shopkeeper tried to cheat me, but I told him he was giving me the wrong change. I am really smart, aren’t I?”
At first, I found it hard to believe his story- would the shop-keeper I was patronizing for many months do that to me- but when I asked for details, I found that my son was indeed right. The shop-keeper had given him less change than he should have.
“How did you calculate so fast?”, I asked.
“We learnt it in school!”, he replied.
Can I be proud of him?

Education must have an end in view, for it is not an end in itself.
~ Sybil Marshall
______
This is the fourth year that I am going to be a part of NaBloWriM. The Plan is to elaborate (in 100 words) on a quote that touched my heart- let's see how far this takes me. If I can tie it in with the writing prompt, so much the better!

3 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Oh, but education is a treasure beyond diamonds and emeralds. Bravo for your son. And good luck with NaBlo.

mamaraby said...

Yes, of course you can and well you should!

Anonymous said...

Natasha - You should absolutely take pride in the wonderful person you are helping to nurture. Good on both of you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails