Monday, January 21, 2013

If something is worth doing



You don’t attempt a full marathon the week after you have been ill. But not only did I run on Sunday, I gave it my best- not the best I am capable of, but the best I could on that given day.

It was sheer willpower that got me within touching distance of the finish line. But then I couldn’t go on. My legs just gave way. Not once, but twice. I dragged myself over the finish- luckier than I deserved.

Will I do it again? Yes, I will. If something is worth doing, it is worth giving it 100%.______
  A Drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Natasha - I can't tell you how much I admire you for not giving up. And you made it too! OK, not running but you managed it. And that's more than can be said for those who gave up before daring themselves to complete the marathon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails