Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I for ..... Insane

This is a work of fiction and forms a part of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. I will attempt to write a new story based on the word for the day every day during the month of April.



“You must be insane!”, people informed her. “At your age, you should be sipping pina coladas on a beach somewhere, not biking through Rohtang Pass*.”
But Indu was adamant. She had always wanted to cycle to Ladakh, and saw no reason not to join the All-Woman’s Expedition.

No, she didn’t make it. Her legs gave way after 100 miles and she was forced to hitch a ride in the supply vehicle. But she still didn’t think it was an insane thing to do. Insanity would have been to allow her fear of failure prevent her from even attempting the feat.


______  
* Rohtang Pass is the highest motorable road in the world. Many attempt to cycle up the pass to reach Ladakh- most make it, but some fall prey to altitude sickness or plain fatigue.

A Drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've been reading your A-Z posts and I’ve nominated you for an award! Check out the rules at : http://sujataravi6.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/whee/ .

Sueann said...

That is true...not trying is worse
Hugs
SueAnn

Jan Morrison said...

I love this truth - that failing to enter is the only failing possible. thanks dear drabbler!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad I stopped by because this was a wonderful story. I think we avoid doing things because we don't want to fail but sometimes it's better to try and fail than not try and all.

Michelle said...

One of our biggest debates we hold with ourselves..."should I, or shouldn't I"...

;)

Nice work!

Anonymous said...

I agree. That's a little bit insane! Nice story though:)

Anonymous said...

Exactly, Natasha! Life is too short not to take those chances and dare ourselves to try new things.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails