Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fear of the Unknown


It was been a fortnight since we had moved into our new house, and I knew I had to restart my running. But, when the alarm went off, I could think of a dozen reasons to press the snooze button. It all boiled down to just one thing- Fear. Fear that I might not find a new running route. Fear that I might not settle down in the new place. Fear of the Unknown.

I got up. Because when there is fear, you have to tackle it head-on. Fear is a coward- it runs away when you stand upto it.




“Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”
― Veronica Roth, Divergent

______
This is the fifth year that I am going to be a part of NaBloWriM. The writing mojo seems to have deserted me, but by elaborating either on a quote that touches my heart, or by attempting to capture a fleeting emotion, let me see how long I last.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Sometimes it's just a matter of overcoming inertia. And you're right; fear is what often serves as inertia. Good on you to get past it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails