Friday, October 11, 2013

The seeds you sow


About a year back, I advised someone who was contemplating withdrawing from the first marathon he’d registered for, to go for it. “There is no shame in starting and dropping out”, I’d said. “But if you do finish, you will remember that event for the rest of your life”. Today, he thanked me for it on a public forum.
The deeds you do are like seeds. Once they scatter, you don’t know what happens to them. Most fall on barren ground, or are trampled underfoot. But sometimes, some take root and grow. And when that happens, you can feel proud.
______
This is the fifth year that I am going to be a part of NaBloWriM. The writing mojo seems to have deserted me, but by elaborating either on a quote that touches my heart, or by attempting to capture a fleeting emotion, let me see how long I last.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

Seeds and deeds truly do have something in common.

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Oh, absolutely! Everything we do resonates. And when what we do is a good thing, the resonance can be so powerful. Of course, the opposite's true too...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails