Sunday, January 19, 2014

Enjoying My Race- Day 17 of #100happydays




I trained hard with a time target in mind. Dragged myself out of bed so I could do my long runs. Dodged speeding cricket balls while doing my speed-work. I did everything I could. And yet, 5 miles into the race, I knew it was not my day. Things should have fallen into place, but didn’t.
So, I stopped looking at my stopwatch and started enjoying the run. Started high-fiving the people who had gathered to cheer. Paced other runners who were close to giving up.
Happiness is in enjoying what you have, not mourning what you feel you should.
 

---------
I took a picture of the iconic Bandra-Worli Sealink during the course of the run. This is the only time you get to traverse it on foot.


Can you be happy for 100 days in a row. Sign up for #100happydaysFollow me on Instagram- nuts246
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natasha - That's a gorgeous 'photo! And I know what you mean about just being in the moment with an activity like running instead of timing yourself etc.. I think you can really set your mind free when you just allow the experience to happen.

Unknown said...

Hi. I wanted to drop you a quick note to express my thanks. I've been following your blog
for a month or so and have picked up a ton of good information as well as enjoyed the way you've structured your site. I am attempting to run my own blog
but I think its too general and I want to focus more on smaller topics. Being all things to all people is not all that its cracked up to be.


Papa, i want to go

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails